PREP (at least 2 hours before cooking, or night before):
- Cut fish fillet into pieces about 4 inches long
- In a medium bowl, mix together the marinade.
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp of shrimp paste OR 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped galanga OR ginger
- Some garlic powder
- 1 shallot, diced
- Optional: either 2 tsp vodka, rum, OR cooking wine + 1 tbsp mayo
- Smother fish fillets in marinade, coating evenly
- Marinate in fridge
- Slice green onions into 3 inch long pieces. Slice garlic into thin slices vertically.
- GREENS: Pan fry garlic and greens onions separately in olive oil, turn off stove then throw dill on top at end - don’t overcook dill.
- NOODLES: At the same time, cook noodles and set aside.
- FISH: Dust fish w cornstarch to make crispy. Pan fry fish with canola oil until crispy on each side. Set aside, fry in batches if needed.
Combine the following in a bowl:
- 1 tbsp shrimp paste OR fish sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Garlic chili paste
- Half a lime/lemon
- When fish is ready, garnish the herbs on top.
- Make a big bowl: Add noodles, lettuce, mint, fish n herbs, and sauce. Garnish with peanuts.