The Night Before
- Peel the eggplant and cut it in slices. Salt the slices and put them in the fridge overnight.
The Day Of (Prep)
- Cut the peppers into long thin slices
- Cut the tomato into long thin slices
The Day of (Cook)
- Heat up the EVOO in a pan
- Each vegetable should be fried separately. Start with the eggplant. Cook it on both sides, remove the excess oil with papertowels and then plaec in a bowl an sprinkle with salt.
- Sprinkle one minced garlic clove over the eggplant and add a layer of fresh basil leaves
- Repeat with the peppers, and then tomatoes. Each layer should be separated with salt, garlic and basil.
The Day of (Waiting)
Refrigerate the salad to cool off (several hours)