- Preheat oven 350 degrees
Cooking the Squash Filling
- Shred the butternut squash into thin strands.
- In a large pot, warm a little olive oil. Heat it up and then place the shredded butternut squash.
- Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Place a "large coffee mug" full of sugar into the squash.
- Mix this until the sugar melts completely. Once it does, add in the vanilla, cinnamon, and golden raisins.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, mix baking soda, sparkling water. Then, pour in half a cup of olive oil and mix together.
- Be careful when you're doing this – it will cause bubbles to emerge.
- Have the filo dough available.
- Take a 9x13 glass baking pan and grease it with olive oil.
- Place about 4 sheets of filo dough on the bottom of the pan and then spread about 3 spoonfuls of the squash filling and 2 spoons of the dressing. You can either repeat this step until you're done with the filling or you can roll the 4 sheets into a horizontal roll and continue this step for the rest of the filling. I prefer to layer additional sheets of filo dough so that it's flaky. If you're rolling, you'll have about six-seven rolls.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool, then serve sprinkled with powdered sugar on a pumpkin plate if possible. 🎃