- 1/2 cup Golden Lentils
- 1 can light coconut milk (get the best kind you can)
- 1 Yellow onion
- 1-inch piece of ginger
- 2 tsps lentil spice blend (I usually mix tg equal parts)
- Cumin seeds
- Brown Mustard Seeds
- Cayenne pepper
- Ground Turmeric
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 tbsps rice flour
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- Cilantro (optional)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 Lime
- Dice onions
- Peel + mince ginger
- Cut cauliflower into bite-sized florets
- Rough chop cilantro
- Heat olive oil on med-high, then add onion and ginger. Season w s+p. Cook until softened, 2-3 min
- Add lentils and spices, cook briefly till toasted
- Add coconut milk and 3/4 cup of water
- Increase heat to high until boiling, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20-22 min, stirring.
- Take off heat, add s+p
MAKE YOGURT SAUCE
- Lime zest
- Salt + pepper
- Olive oil
- Heat nonstick pan w olive oil, then cook cauliflower until lightly browned + softened (5 min). Season w s+p. (You may need to work in batches)
- Add 1/2 cup water, cook for 5+ min until water cooked off.
- Add juice of half a lime, cook 1 min
- Remove cauliflower to one bowl if working in batches. Add rice flour, s+p. Toss to coat.
- Heat thin layer of oil on med-high. When sizzling, add cauliflower in single, even layer until crispy.
- Turn off heat, add chili sauce and more lime juice.
GET EVERYTHING READY
- Toast naan (400°F)
- Assemble: Lentil daal + cauliflower + yogurt sauce + cilantro + naan